Get Glowing with Mineral Make-Up
It’s hard to resist the season’s siren call of a sun-kissed summer glow. But it’s also hard to achieve it, well, without the sun. There’s still one safe way to get that golden glow, and it’s already in your makeup bag: bronzer. Don’t reach for just any bronzer though! Make sure it is mineral based and free from any skin irritating ingredients.
Having healthy, radiant skin goes beyond having a great skin care regimen. Dermatologists recommend high quality mineral make-up because it’s free of chemicals and additives which can cause skin irritation. Traditional make up uses preservatives like parabens, chemical dyes and fragrances. Mineral make-up leaves these out and therefore makes it ideal for even the most sensitive skin types. The main benefit is that mineral make up is non comedogenic and oil free so it doesn’t block the pores and cause breakouts and blackheads on the skin.
Sunkissed Glow with Mineral Bronzer: Bronzer Placement and Application Tips
If you’re a fan of the sun-kissed look but aren’t a fan of, well, the sun (those rays mean business), bronzer is a great substitute. Now, we know bronzer can be quite intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. With just a few simple tips, you’ll be applying it like a total pro without channeling your inner Oompa Loompa.
So, how do you apply mineral bronzers for a beach goddess look and not overdo it?
- Start out with a really light application and then build on to it.
- Softly sculpt your features by applying your bronzer where the sun hits your skin to create a sun kissed effect. Start with your hairline, cheeks, jawline and neck to warm your features. Don’t forget to apply and blend bronzer down your neck and if your hair is up in a ponytail, you should also put a little around your ears.
- Put down the kabuki! Avoid using a brush that’s too dense or full otherwise you could end up with way too much product where you don’t want or need it. To apply, we love the H&H Science Deluxe Fan Brush because the soft, less dense bristles allow for a more delicate application and amazing blendability.
- The key is to blend, blend and blend some more. That’s what makes it look so natural. You don’t want obvious streaks framing your face but rather a subtle hint of color.
- Before you head out, check out your handy work in the natural light of a window, away of the yellow hue of your bathroom light bulbs, to get a look at the true color.
Selecting the right bronzer for your skin tone
Can bronzer be applied to all skin types even the fairest skin? It sure can. You just need to make sure to pick the best mineral makeup bronzer shade for your skin tone and apply it properly for the perfect, no-consequences, faux glow.
For a natural sun-kissed glow, select one of our H&H Science Baked or Pressed Mineral Foundations two shades darker than your base color. These provide a matte finish and will work with your natural skin tone. You can then add sparkle over the apple of the cheeks with one our H&H Science Baked Mineral Fusions and Color Splashes. They include multiple fusions of color and provide a shimmery, radiant finish that looks like you just got back from a tropical getaway.
A Healthy Sun-kissed Glow
There is still one safe way to get a sun-kissed glow and it is most likely already in your make-up bag! Ensure that you skin stays radiant and clear by choosing a mineral based bronzer and foundation that is non-comedogenic and oil free so it doesn’t block the pores and cause breakouts and blackheads on the skin. Traditional make up uses preservatives like parabens, chemical dyes and fragrances that can easily irritate the skin. Finding the right shade of bronzer for your skin tone and applying it correctly are important for a successful application. Start with a light application concentrating on those areas that the sun would naturally hit and keep blending until you find the perfect glow!
FREE SHIPPING on any H&H Science Baked Fusions!
Valid July 11 – July 17.
Promo Code: FUSION
*One per customer. While quantities last. Standard shipping 3-5 Business days. Cannot be combined with any other discount
+Cannot be redeemed for cash or gift cards. Offer valid on merchandise total before tax and shipping. This offer cannot be combined with any other H&H Science coupon offer. Not valid on H&H Science Beauty Rewards mobile app points. Not valid on prior purchases. Limit one per customer. For online purchases, enter the coupon code FUSION in the space provided in your shopping cart and click “apply.”