You found the dress, your shoes are totally swoon-worthy and everyone will be in awe of your accessories, but none of that counts if you don’t have the clear, glowing complexion to match. To help you put your best face forward, we put together a skin care guide aimed at getting your complexion prom-ready in no time.
Looking your best at prom starts weeks in advance. To ensure your skin looks it’s very best on the big day, follow these tips:
- Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water
- Eat well. Banish acne-producing foods like French fries, chocolate and candy from your diet
- Find the perfect skin care regimen for your skin type and concerns. Using the right products for your skin type and level of sensitivity is key to achieving clean, clear skin. Take our quiz today to start on your ideal skin care regimen
- Stick to your skin care regimen
- Always follow CTMP- cleanse, treat, moisturizer and protect
- Opt for a healthy glow! Whenever, I travel anywhere warm, I always opt for a spray tan and bring lots of sunless tanners with me to extend the life of my spray tan. Make sure that you exfoliate first to ensure a smooth application. Try one out weeks in advance to ensure that you get the perfect application for prom
- Boost your skin care regimen! Cleanse deeper – cleanse your skin more effectively with the help of our H&H Sonic Facial Cleansing Device and your H&H Science Cleanser for your skin type- gets rid of all surface bacteria and cleans out your pores more effectively than just cleansing alone. This will dramatically reduce the chance of clogged pores, whiteheads and blackheads
- Add a weekly masque into your skin care routine, like our H&H Pore Minimizing Masque, to keep your pores tight and acne at bay. Or add a weekly at home peel treatment like our H&H Clear Skin Peel Kit to give your skin an extra special glow and knock out any pesky breakouts in their tracks.
- Catch your zzzzzz’s. A good night’s rest goes a long way toward having radiant skin on prom day!!
- Make sure that your make-up is mineral and parabens, fragrance, colorant and oil free
It does not matter what acne treatment you use during the day or overnight if you wake up in the morning and apply a traditional make-up with parabens, fragrance, dyes and other comedogenic ingredients.
Find your perfect foundation for your skin type and preference of coverage by following our foundation guide and then coming in to get color matched so that you have the perfect shade.
If you are using older brushes- make sure they are thoroughly cleaned before you use your new mineral make-up so you are not carrying those germs/harmful ingredients to your new healthy, mineral make-up. Start using mineral make-up at least 3-4 weeks before so your skin can adjust to the new healthy make-up.
You are now officially ready!
Cheers to clear skin